Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Thoughts of Spring


I picked up the October/November 2009 Issue of Donna Hay last week-yes I'm a little behind the times !  It caught my attention because the cover was so pretty,as it always is.  But it just brought on gentle thoughts of all things spring with the pale green background.  As I leafed through it I came upon Donna's recipe for Roasted fish,potato and asparagus with dill butter on page 29. Yummy.  I stopped by the grocery store on the way home for some fresh halibut and asparagus.  Nothing says Spring like fresh stalks of asparagus lined up like little green garden sticks in the supermarket .

I used fingerling Russian potatoes -they were so tasty and crisp around the edges-potatoes are one of my weaknesses.



It was a lovely dinner -just the two of us,thank you Donna .......



1 lb Russian fingerling potatoes

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 lb  fresh halibut with skin removed

1 lb  asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways

1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and drained

1 stick of unsalted butter, melted

1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon dill leaves

Preheat oven to390ºF. Place the potato and 1 tablespoon of the oil on a baking tray and toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes-I roasted mine for 35minutes until a little brown. Add the fish, asparagus and capers to the tray and drizzle with the remaining oil. Roast for 15–20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the potato is golden-this took approximately 45 minutes for the halibut to roast and the potatoes to brown.

Combine the butter and dill and spoon over the fish to serve.

Bon Appetit

1 comment:

bellini valli said...

Sounds delicious!! Don't you just love halibut!!!