Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kouign Amann - Part 2


Joe Pastry rocks !  Remember yesterday I tried David Lebovitz's recipe for Kouign Amann ?  It came out like the buttery cake I thought it would.  But it didn't come out like the Kouign Amann that I remembered from La Reve Bakery. Joe Pastry's recipe did.  It was light and airy and crisp and caramelized with those beautiful puff pastry layers as I peeled it apart to eat it .


Isn't it amazing how you can get 2 completely different results for the same pastry ?   Just a warning, if you use the recipe from Joe Pastry it makes a ton of dough-which is never a bad thing-just preparing you-it can be frozen or you can do what I did.  Bake it all !  Bon Appetit.


Click here for Joe Pastry's recipe.

3 comments:

Anna C said...

I have to agree,I would opt for this recipe too. The kougin aman came out buttery and flaky just like croissants. This recipe is a keeper!

debbie said...

How did you shape and bake your Kouign Amann using joe pastry's recipe? I like your round shape.

Roadtrek Girl said...

Debbie after my final turn,when he calls for rolling out the dough and cutting it into 8-9" circles, I rolled it out,sprinkled just a little sugar onto the rolled out dough and rolled it like you would if you were making cinnamon rolls. Then I sliced each one ,like you would cinnamon rolls and placed them in my muffin tin. Thank you for stopping by. :)